Naturopathy is a natural healing science using the healing powers of nature. The principle of Naturopathy is that the accumulation of toxins is the root cause of all diseases. Elimination of the toxins in our body is is the route to health. Treatments in Naturopathy are based on the 5 great elements of nature that have immense healing properties.
According to Indian mythology there are five main elements nature comprises of, which are Jal (Water), Vayu (Air), Akash (Sky), Agni (Fire) and Prithvi (Earth). These together are also known as Panchamahabhuta, which are also one of the chief attributes that form our body. In India, we use these elements in nature for the treatments.
THE FIVE GREAT ELEMENTS OF NATURE
- Earth (Mud baths, Mud packs)
- Water (Hydrotherapeutic methods in the form of Baths,Jets,Douches,Packs,Compresses)
- Air ( Breathing exercises, Outdoor walking, Open air baths)
- Fire – Sun baths( Thermoleum baths, Magnetised water, Colour charged oils / water)
- Ether (Fasting therapy, Meditation)
The root for the word Yoga comes from the Sanskrit word ‘Yuj’ which means the Union. Here it means the Union of the Mind, Body and Spirit, also the Union of Oneself with the Universal Self. This holistic science emphasises that this Union is necessary for a person seeking good health and well-being. Sage Patanjali is considered as the Father of Yoga. He formulated the Astanga Yoga – the Yoga with 8 paths which is widely practised today. They are:.
- Yama- meaning social restraints or ethical values
- Niyama- personal observance of purity, tolerance and study
- Asanas- physical exercise
- Pranayama- breath control
- Pratyahara- sense withdrawal for meditation
- Dharana- regulates concentration
- Samadhi- Transconsciousness/Ecstacy
TREATMENTS AT NIMS NATUROPATHY
At NIMS Naturopathy we combine Naturopathy & Yoga with Ayurveda treatments or Medicines. Our well qualified team of Doctors also make use of the Modern Diagnostic failities we have at NIMS. Senior Consultants in all departments are also available for advices in bringing down the dosage of medicines the patients use. So we are able to provide you fast and complete recovery in a natural way with out harming your body. This method of treatment will help you to get rid 0f all the impurities in your body and mind, and also rejuvenate your body..
Treatments provided at NIMS Medicity are:
- Reflexology, Acupressure
- Food and Nutrition
- Mud Therapy
- Massages and beauty therapies
- Ayurveda Panchakarma
This multi disciplinary approach uses the healing power of natural resources like foods, herbs, earth, water, air, sun and magnets to allow the body to heal itself. It helps in degenerative and chronic conditions like asthma and arthritis, gastro-intestinal problems and hypertension..
Of the five elements of nature, mud represents Earth and has tremendous impact on the maintenance of health and prevention of diseases. Minerals and trace elements present in the mud are known for its renowned effects and healing properties. Mud also has the remarkable property of holding moisture for a long time, which has a cooling effect on the part of the body applied.
- Helps improve circulation and relax the muscles
- Improves the digestive activity and sets right the metabolism
- Local application helps relieve inflammations, swellings and reduces pain
- Excellent in skin conditions without open lesions
- Helps bring down blood pressure
- Nourishes the skin
- Conditions the hair
- Specific kind of application relieves the stiffness of joints
Frequent application of mud helps in improving the complexion of the skin by getting rid of spots and patches, which appear in various skin disorders. Mud baths are also generally recommended for all skin diseases, including psoriasis, leucoderma and urticaria and other allergic conditions of the skin.
Using special Natural Muds high in natural minerals and salts the pack is applied on the entire body except the head.
This uses the therapeutic properties of water. This medium was made use in therapeutics hundreds of years ago. Water has great healing properties and exhibits different properties at different temperatures. The temperature of the water for any treatment depends on the effect desired. Kellogg is considered to be the Father of Hydrotherapy.
Water is used internally and externally in all its forms- steam, liquid or ice, to cleanse and restore health. It is used in the form of Baths, Jets/Douches, Packs, Compresses and Immersions to name a few.
Drinking a specific amount of water also has therapeutic effects:
- Helps maintain hydration of the body
- Helps in proper secretion of body fluids and maintenance of Ph.
- Aids digestion and prevents constipation
- Improves skin condition and nourishes it
- Maintains the flexibility of joints
- Helps in detoxification
- Excellent for relieving the numbness and tingling in the extremities as in diabetes mellitus
- Stimulates the circulation towards the pelvic and digestive organs relieves constipation, flatulence and indigestion.
- Helps set right the menstrual disorders like dysmenorrhoea, menorrhagia, leucorrhoea
- Helps strengthen the hips and lumbar sacral spine and the coccyx and relieves pain if any
- Beneficial in relieving haemorrhoids
SPINAL BATH / ANTI-STRESS BATH
- Stimulates the spinal nerves
- Relaxes the paraspinal muscles
- Helps maintain the blood pressure
- Helps in regulating the moods like anxiety or depression
- Relaxes irritable nerves
Exposing the entire body with the exception of the head to a superheated atmosphere helps in many ways. Steam inhalation helps decongest the respiratory tract
- Medicated ayurvedic or herbal steam helps rejuvenate the body
- Helps open up the skin pores
- Helps remove the toxins of the skin through sweating
- elps the skin maintain its natural moisture and softness
This treatment allows an in-depth detoxification of the areas which are swollen, blocked or sensitive and helps to restore the vitality of the skin and the body. There are several packs like abdomen, knee, trunk, shoulder, ankle and neck packs.
- Relieves inflammation and swellings
- Improves circulation
- Relieves the stiffness and spasms of muscles and joints
This is the application of water in the form of a pack wrung out in water of different temperatures.
- Helps in detoxification of areas which are swollen, blocked or sensitive
- Excellent for tight sore muscles, edema, cellulite
- Stimulates the blood and lymph stream
- Gives soothing, refreshing, calming and decongesting qualities
An Oriental healing technique used to relax the nerves and release the trapped energy. There are energy zones that run throughout the body and reflex areas in the feet that correspond to all the major organs, glands and parts of the body. Based on the principle that reflex points in the feet and palms correlate to individual organs and parts of the body, manipulations on these reflexes help stimulate the organs. It helps those suffering from insomnia, menstrual problems and pains.
- Reduces stress and induces deep relaxation
- Improves circulation.
- Cleanses the body of toxins and impurities
- Brings the whole system into balance
- Vitalises energy
- A preventive healthcare by enhancing the immune system
- Helps encourage healing in combination with specific treatments
This natural Oriental healing technique uses applied pressure to specific points on the body to relax trapped nerves and release blockages. It is used both as a preventive and curative therapy. It helps alleviate pain, fatigue and addresses musculoskeletal problems..
- Induces relaxation and restores balance
- Stimulates the circulatory and lymphatic system.
- The therapeutic touch stimulates certain chemicals in the brain that boost the immune system, lifts depression and relieves stress
NUTRITION AND DIETETICS
Using food as medicine, an individually devised, wholesome and natural diet is aimed at balancing nutritional deficiencies, combating allergies, digestive disorders and building resistance to disease. Medical nutrition therapy and specific diet strategies are advised for chronic conditions, illnesses, or injuries.
There are different types of massages dependent on the materials and techniques used. To add to the experience we have soft soothing music and aromatic oils to stimulate the senses..
NATURAL WEIGHT LOSS CLINIC @ NIMS IN TRIVANDRUM
Do you Want to Look 5-10 Years Younger Than Your Body Age???
Here is the Answer…
In this perplexed scenario of life style disorder overweight and obesity are two terms of a bit concern overweight is supposed to be a minimal weight gain of 3-5 kg more than is normal, while obesity is all cases above the overweight parameter. Since these two factors are the predisposing elements of all life style disorders like Diabetics, Hypertension, Hypercholesterolemia, IVDP, Osteoarthritis, Infertility, Polycystic ovary, Hypothyroidism weight reduction in absolutes essential or considered to be the need of the hour is every aspect. But it should be by all means in a pure and natural way giving a mental boosting of positive energy and a total mental system. Connection and relaxation both physically as well as mentally.
The basic concept is importance of our NIMS Natural at lose clinic lies here.
Cleansing, Detoxifying & Purification of Body with the help of Five elements from which your body is made up of. There is no role of any medication here, both internally as well as externally. The total therapy consists of
- DIET THERAPIES(VARIOUS)
- MUD THERAPIES
- HYDRO THERAPY
- MAGNET THERAPY
- AQUE PRESSURE THERAPY
- AQUE PUNCTURE THERAPY
- RELAXATION THERAPY
- PILATTE- MOST MODERN FROM OF EXERCISE THERAPY
The package encloses accommodation, food, different types of therapies, yoga, and even outing to the picnic spots etc.
The rates vary from Rs. 35,000-Rs. 70000 for a 10 day package. Depends on the various disorders and type of stay.