To provide state of art new born care at the hospital; we also take our new born services to the community to make people aware about the essential new born care . We would like to bring up our unit as a perinatal network centre working in collaboration with level-1 & level-2 NICUS of other hospitals.
- Neonatal OPD Services
- Neonatal Transport services
- Developmental Clinic
- Service of developmental therapist
- Parental Nutrition
- Surfactant Delivery
- Bed side X ray facility
- Mechanical Ventilation
- Care of Preterm @ very low birth weight babies
- Development supportive care
- Lactation counseling
- Antenatal Counseling
- Well baby Clinic
- At Risk Baby Clinic
- Health Screening / Check up for babies.
- Toddler op
- Care of surgical babies
- Routine hearing screening.
- Open care Warmes
- NIBP monitor
- Pulse oximeters
- Phototherapy units
- Transport incubators
- CPAP system
- Breast pumps
- USS, EEG, ECG, Echo, Portable X-ray
- Centralized Oxygen
- Availablility of round the clock Neonatal Consultant
THE DEPARTMENT OF NEONATOLOGY WORKS IN TANDEM WITH OTHER DEPARTMENTS LIKE:
- Paediatric Cardiology
- Paediatric Surgery
- Paediatric Neurology
- Radiology and imaging
- Blood bank and diagnostic services
THE DEPARTMENT OF NEONATOLOGY WORKS IN TANDEM WITH OTHER DEPARTMENTS LIKE
- The equipments, the level of expertise and training of neonatologists, pediatricians and nurses in our NICU is one at par with the neonatology units of other major hospitals.
- Our specialty is the presence of well trained and compassionate nursing staff with good communication skills. We strictly follow the staff baby ratio of 1:1 for ventilated, sick and septic babies; 1:2 for sick but non-septic; and 1:3 or 1:4 for stable babies.
- Parent counseling is offered both antenatal and postnatal on a daily basis, at a scheduled time.
- We are equipped with specially designed ambulance to transfer newborn babies from other local hospitals. Our transport facility is well prepared with efficient transport incubator, sophisticated life support gadgets, monitoring devices and oxygen to safely bring in a critically ill baby. Our transport team is capable of starting off their work within an hour of receiving the fax.
SIX IMPORTANT FACTS TO KNOW ON NEWBORN CARE
- For the first six months of birth, the baby should be fed only with breast milk. No water, gripe water, tonics or any form of milk, nothing should be given till six months.
- Babies pass watery stools after first 3-4 days of life especially after feeding which is normal for them. The baby should be well feed and make sure that they pass urine at least 8-10 times a day.
- Surma, Kajal or any kind of eye darkener, Talcum powder, etc. should be avoided for babies. Even they need not want to have daily bath. For the first few days bathing should be strictly prohibited.
- Baby should not be under covered or over covered. Cover them properly especially head, hands and feet.