Oral and Maxilo Facial Surgery
Oral and Maxillo facial surgery is a challenging specialty of dentistry that focuses on the diagnosis, surgical treatment and management of diseases and disorder of the face and jaws.
The scope of the specialty include the diagnosis and management of facial injuries head and neck salivary gland diseases, facial disproportion, facial pain, impacted teeth(teeth with in the bone) cyst and tumors of jaws as well as various problems affecting the oral mucosa such as mouth ulcers and infection.
A range of oral maxillofacial surgical procedure are carried out as an outpatient basis under local anesthesia these include, the removal of impacted teeth, intra oral and facial soft tissue procedures and pre implant surgery placement of dental and facial implants done under general anesthesia in the hospital major operations include
- Management of complex craniofacial fractures and soft tissue injuries of the mouth, face and neck.
- Head and neck cancer; Access to the tumors with in the depth of the complex craniofacial anatomy and ablation of tumors including neck dissection.
- Orthognatic surgery for correcting facial disproportions
- Primary and secondary surgery for cleft lip and palate and congenital facial deformity
- Management of benign and malignant tumors of the salivary glands
- Tempero mandibular joint surgery for functional and inflammatory disorder of the joint bone disorder such as osteoarthritis, ankylosis and TMJ tumor.