The ENT Rehabilitation is attention on speech and language therapy to help in speaking and language thereby to help in vestibular rehabilitation. Therapy focus to recover balance and to minimize the practice of dizziness, recover patient’s stability while in motion, crease
coordination, reduce falls and anxiety.
IMPORTANCE IN REHABILITATION
- Early intervention
- Develop Phonological lexical and syntactic ability
- To prevent hearing loss
- Substitution of sound via external and implanted hearing devices and functional substitution carried out by speech and language therapy.
CONDITIONS THAT NIMS ENT DEPARTMENT DIAGNOSES AND TREAT
- Ear condition and infections
- Nasal congestion (difficulty breathing, runny nose postnasal drip.
- Sinus problems.
- Hearing loss
- Balance disorder, including dizziness, vertigo, Meniere’s disease
- Voice problems (hoarseness laryngitis)
- Swallowing disorder
- Tonsil and infection problems
- Snoring and surgical treatment
- Sinus Surgery
- Thyroid Surgery
- Cancer of Head and Neck
- Endotracheal intubation/ tracheotomy